Friday, August 2, 2013

Brightwell cum Sotwell

After our weekend adventures in Oxford, Bill dropped me off in the tiny village of Brightwell cum Sotwell, about 30 minutes outside of Oxford. It was in this tiny village (actually, two teeny-tiny villages - Brightwell and Sotwell - that grew into one tiny village) Dr. Edward Bach created his now famous flower remedies. 

I stayed at a bed and breakfast that has traditional rooms, but I was lucky enough to book their small shepherd's hut. Here's a picture of the hut, and its daytime and sunset views. 
Shepherd's Hut
Daytime View
Sunset View
I took the level one course at the Bach center where I learned about the 38 flower remedies and their basic uses. It's kind of like aromatherapy and helps people deal with their emotions such as fear, impatience, anxiety, grief, despair, etc. 

Below is an image of Dr. Bach's former home, which is now the Bach Centre. The centre's garden is also where they grow the flowers for all of their remedies. It was an incredibly HOT week in England, but the garden was beautiful. I've included several garden photos. Enjoy! 
Bach Centre
Bach's Rock Rose
Bach's Honeysuckle
Bach's Cerato
Pretty Flower in Bach Garden
I'm already booked for level 2 and another stay in the shepherd's hut in October. Perhaps I'll get to use the hut's wood burning stove next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment